Below is a regularly updated selection of the blogs and sites that we follow at JCEE Consulting.
- The Stack Overflow Age
- Birdcage linersMy new year’s resolution was to give up on reading Twitter and Facebook. I gave up on the feeds because they were making me angry. A lot of times I was angry because of politics, but even on non-political things, the feeds seemed like they were full of conflict and ... read more
- Where to Look for Trends and Insights“The best is yet to come.” It can be tough creating the future among the chaos. The key is to get a good handle on the real and durable trends that lie beneath the change and churn that’s all around you. But how do you get a good handle on ... read more
- Consumer Trend CanvasConsumer Trends are a key building block for innovation. Is you are stuck coming up with innovation opportunities, part of it is that you are missing sources of insight. And of the best sources of insight is actually consumer trends. One tool for helping you turn consumer trends into innovation ... read more
- New in Basecamp 3: Image GalleriesAt Basecamp, we write a lot—from announcements to pitches, and everything in between.Quite often, we’re presenting something that has a Before and After, like a mockup or interface design that’s been revised. Until now, this was always kind of frustrating. Basecamp only supported full-width images, so it could be difficult to ... read more
- Managers: You’re not prepared for your one-on-one meetings. Here’s what to do.Four steps to take when you’ve got a one-on-one meeting coming up.You’re not prepared.Or at least that’s what employees think when it comes to one-on-one meetings. In a recent survey we conducted of 125 managers and 45 employees, we found 35% of employees believe their manager is only “somewhat prepared” — and 15% ... read more